Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Make Up Review: ELF Products ♡

First of all, happy independence day, my fellow Filipinos! :) Since today's a holiday, meaning no classes & work, I got to drag my mom to the mall for some shopping! Decided to haul cosmetics since there aren't really new/radical fashion trends I've been into lately (and honestly I'm over the whole chiffon&print combinations). I was so happy to see ELF restock some of their stuff, and even throw in some new products! For those of you who aren't familiar with the brand ELF (Eyes Lips Face) or are scared to use it because it's way too cheap, this blog post might actually help you guys. 



(L-R) ELF Stiple Brush, Party Purple Eyeshadow Quad, Sea Escape Eyeshadow Quad, and Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder




NARS ORGASM DUPES
SPLURGE: MAC Peachykeen
SAVE: ELF's Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder

ELF's Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder has received so many raves because of how comparable it is to Nars' blush and bronze duo. Some even prefer ELF's over NARS because of the matte bronzer. It's highly pigmented and fits most skin shades -- remember not too put too much of the bronzer product on your brush because when you apply it it'll look to heavy (I learned the hard way!). The ELF product is only P 250.00 :) Such a steal!! I also put the NARS Albatross in the mix because it's an AMAZING highlighter (even better than Benefit's High Beam) haha :) I don't know of any drugstore/affordable highlighters, but will let you guys know. If P 800.00 is pretty affordable to some of you I suggest you get The Balm Cosmetics' Mary Lou Manizer. 



These ELF eyeshadow quads are my best drugstore purchase EVER. For only 199.00 each, you get 4 beautiful AND highly pigmented shades. I really prefer palettes/trios/quads when it comes to eyeshadows because you save a lot of money by getting a lot of products for the price of one rather than spending almost P 800/ P 900 for a single eyeshadow let's say from MAC. The ones I got from ELF earlier today, I was expecting, wouldn't be as pigmented as they came out. The amazing thing is, there's not much fall out, it's a powder eyeshadow but comes out creamy (intensifying the look even further), and so far, the swatches on my hand haven't faded a bit. You can use these quads for a day/night look, whichever you prefer! 


My most prized makeup possessions are my brushes. I've really invested in these and for the last 2 years of my life, they're what I thank for my flawless looking face. Haha. Emphasis on flawless "looking". I used to use just a basic foundation brush from ELF when I started putting on makeup and it was quite good, except that you could see the strokes of how you put on your foundation sometimes which is why I switched for a time to a stipling brush (which is the one in the middle, my Sigma Duo Fibre). But the application didn't feel too right for me since I didn't feel or get that buffed out look, so I switched to Sigma's flat top kabuki brush, and eventually to this angled top kabuki brush. However, some people really prefer applying foundation with a stipling brush and I've heard really amazing reviews on the ELF Stiple Brush which is part of their Studio Line. My Duo Fibre from Sigma came from a brush set which cost me $109.00 which is roughly P 4500, individually it'll cost you $18 which is around P 800, while for the Angled Top Kabuki which is $16 it'll cost you around 750 :) So if you really wanna be able to save a hell of a lot of money and not sacrifice the outcome, get the ELF Stiple Brush which is only $3 in the US and P 250 here in Manila :)


That's all for now! If you want me to review other makeup brands/products tweet me @poCARLIEsweat :) I'm thinking of doing another makeup giveaway soon :) Will keep you all posted! xx



No comments:

Post a Comment