Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fall Must Haves ✿

By way of makeup, this fall season (naks fall, we don't even have it here! hahaha) I'm leaning towards more purple/plum tones. I like the combination of a pale face, with light pinkish cheeks, and a dramatic purple eye or dramatic deep purple lips. But that's just my preference! I know we don't have a fall season here in the Philippines, since we only have sunshine and rain, but it won't stop me from observing "fall fashion" haha!
 In terms of shoes, since this time of the year in general will be more chilly, I was thinking of ankle boots or even riding boots (which are my absolute fave to wear) or some comfy loafers if your toes can brave the cold. I've been seeing a lot of bloggers go crazy for this sneaker wedge and initially, I was disgusted! It brought back memories of that disgusting Converse stiletto that was famous back in the early 2000s!! However, the sneaker wedges look waaay classier and actually pretty stylish -- it doesn't hurt that it looks comfy too. Been wanting a pair of ankle boots as well with the awkward 2 inch heel cause I feel it'd look cute with dresses. As for the Jeffrey Campbell Litas, they'd look good ANY DAMN SEASON. I swear by it. Lastly, loafers!!! Ah, I've been so in love with loafers lately! check out my instagram acct @itscarlasamson to see my collection! 
 The clothes I've posted may not be eye catching to you cause they're all plain with almost the same cuts but I think Fall is about comfort and deep colors, that's why I've chosen these. The peplum top would go well under a blazer or on its own -- but I could never rock it cause the pleated balloon part in the bottom makes me wider than I already am, just a tip for the pear shaped girls out there. Next, you can never go wrong with a gold metallic sweater with like bronzey undertones to it, it looks divine and it's something you can take with you to your winter closet. I like rust, emerald, plum, bronze and cream colors in general -- these are what I wear year round. I think Fall could be my favorite season of all just because how laid back it is. It doesn't call for minimal clothing like summer, nor does it call for excessive clothing like winter, and spring is awkward to me cause it's chilly and sunny at the same time.. I love fall. Have I said that already? Okay.
Follow me on:
INSTAGRAM: @itscarlasamson
TWITTER: @itscarlasamson

No comments:

Post a Comment