Friday, July 12, 2013

My First Music Fest (with tips & tricks)! ♡

I'll admit, I wasn't really a fan of the bands playing at Wanderland -- but the easily swayed girl that I am, I jumped on the bandwagon and gave myself an excuse to dress like a hipster for one day. Unexpectedly though, Wanderland was a blast! I enjoyed every bit of it and am looking forward to attending more music festivals in the future.

There's something about the sun, (faux) grass, blaring music, good company, and (expensive) mediocre booze that makes for an amazing time. I spent my first music festival with a couple of my kabarkadas, and we saw some of our friends there too. I've put together some photos that the amazing Angel Castillo of plethoricnonsense.blogspot.com took :) 

A couple of reminders for those of you out there planning to attend events of the same sort:
1. Wear sunscreen! It is extremely hot at events like this and you have to protect your skin from the harsh sunlight. Try something that's SPF 40 or higher :)
2. Bring an umbrella. You'll need it whether the weather's dry or wet, and especially if you attend a music fest in the afternoon the umbrella will come in handy when you're standing up or just lounging around.
3. Bring a mat. The grass in Circuit Makati was really itchy! We assumed it was fake grass, and had we not brought our own mat our butts would have had rashes! Regardless if the grass is fake or not, bring a mat so you can lie on the ground freely and so you can put your stuff on a clean surface.
4. Pack lightly but bring a big bag. Don't bring too much stuff cause that will make it extremely hard for you to walk around with! If I were you I'd bring my compact powder, sunscreen, perfume, an extra shirt, small towel, and a hair tie. The big bag will be useful if you decide to buy souvenirs from the event like posters, shirts, and CDs. :)
5. Don't wear too much makeup. The heat will only melt it all off :p Wear a light powder instead and definitely bring some blotting sheets :P
6. Wear comfy clothes. As much as you wanna bring out your uber fashionista outfits, try to stick to something more comfy as you'll be exposed to intense heat and dirt the whole day. You can only enjoy the festival if you're into it totally and don't let your outfit hinder you from doing so.
7. Document the special day! Bring your digi cam, your phones, Instax's and what not and make sure you document this immensely fun and memorable event :) When Coachella and EDC Las Vegas were going on in the US, I kept checking my Instagram for photos of these events and obsessed over them! The pictures were so fun to look at and made me want to go to my next music fest even more. :)

If you have any questions like outfit ideas and makeup tips to ask for events like this, feel free to send me a question on ask.fm/justaskcarla :) I'd be happy to help xx 











No comments:

Post a Comment