Sunday, May 20, 2012

Fashion Predictions: 1st Sem

I'm so sorry I wasn't able to update this whole summer. I had classes this summer break and I only have a 3 day break before I go back to school for my regular sem. :( So in order to make up for lost time, I'm back with a pretty awesome post!! Fashion predictions, yay!! First of, I'd like to welcome all the DLSU froshies with a heavy heart.. haha. I'm so jealous that you're all gonna start your college lives while mine is ending :( Make sure you all make the most out of it, it'll be the best 3-4 years of your life!! :) Anyway, let's start talking fashion!


When I was a freshman, I had a heck of a lot of dresses. I was a really lazy dresser back then and slipping on a comfy, free flowing dress seemed to be a good idea, and it really was. However, I wish I would've spruced it up with a nice cream cardigan, or a cropped denim jacket -- the cover ups aren't just useful fashion wise but also useful in terms of comfort. You may have some rooms that are quite chilly, and granting that the rainy season is coming soon, these will come in handy. Let's not forget the comfy pair of flats -- every decent college student needs one in either cream or black so it matches anything :)



I absolutely love graphic tees! Especially when they're in that loose cotton fabric that still cling to your body in all the right ways. It's amazing how a girl can look so sexy wearing a Batman or Superman shirt in the right fabric. I know a lot of girls who binge buy graphic tops at Forever 21 and Topshop, and this is a trend I'm guessing will be common this season paired with a brown rugged rucksack and the classic Doc Martens. :)


And then there's always that one girl that has all the right clothes and mixes it so well.. She's the sassy and classy one (the one I always wished to be, haha!). She'll look like she'd been plucked straight from a Sabo Skirt photoshoot and you'll just swoon as she's donned in her knit sweaters and graphic skirts with an amazing handbag to boot. She may even throw in some spiked earrings and a rose gold Michael Kors chrono, just to be more perfect. This is by far my favorite trend prediction for this coming sem/year even :) 


Even out of school, you'll see that this trend is becoming more and more popular. Lots of girls have been sporting these colored jeans paired with chiffon tops in different styles and colors -- color blocking isn't the only trend here but matching harsher materials like denim with the softer chiffon or silk, which is a really nice balanced out look. I like to tone it down by wearing sandals in more neutral colors. :)



Plain neon tanks paired with printed bottoms either shorts, skirts, or pants are calling out to me this season! They look extra fresh and feminine at the same time, without the frills and frou frou. You can play around with this as much as you want, keeping in mind that if you intend to wear these to school, make sure that you don't mix two very striking patterns so as not to overwhelm people with the color and print. AND ALSO, before I forget, for DLSU froshies, make sure you measure your shorts before leaving home in order to not receive a warning/offense :) 



That is the option you have with a mullet skirt! Haha. I don't recommend you girls wearing these to school with heels because Taft is a pretty dangerous area with unpaved roads, and I really wouldn't want you to risk those beautiful legs of yours ;) Haha. You could pair these still with colorful sandals on a school day and change into heels if you have a date or an event later on in the day :) 


Obviously, you can't lounge around in this outfit in school. Haha. Or is there a school out there that wouldn't sanction someone in these outfits (i.e. Ateneo or UP)? You could wear these on Friday's (no school day for La Sallians) to gimmicks with your friends to the beach or even to the mall! Super fresh lang nito! And I love how it screams Tumlbr girl! Extra long brown hair, partisyon sa gitna, and extra long lashes na lang, achieve! :)


That's it for my predictions for this coming school year! :) Enjoy college life, baby girls! xo

Twitter: poCARLIEswear
Instagram: samsoncarla
GifBoom: carlawitha_c

No comments:

Post a Comment