Monday, January 7, 2013

First Impression: Maybelline Color Tattoo

Hello my beautiful and amazing blog readers! Happy holidays! :) I hope you've all had a joyous holiday season spent with people important to you :) I've just come back from my 3 week vacation and I've brought back some goodies with me. I'll be reviewing them here on the blog for the whole month.. Maybe a product a week. :) 

Today, I'll be featuring the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows. :) Maybelline's one of my favorite drugstore brands. I've been a fan of their mascaras for so long, that I usually have 2 or more backups in my makeup kit! The Color Tattoo was a big hit in 2012 and I saw numerous Youtube beauty gurus gush about this product. I knew that as soon as I had the chance to get them, I would. Lo and behold, the moment I walked into Target, I bought almost all the colors. Haha! These cost around $5 in Target and Walmart, and I think that's an unbeatable price considering how much product you get! Most people have said that they're like MAC paint pots. I wouldn't know since I haven't tried those, but I can tell you that they're of a creamy gel consistency. I think it would be best applied with a synthetic flat brush (like what you'd use for a concealer) instead of your fingers as most Youtubers do because it makes the application uneven compared to the more precise application a brush could do. Some of these claim to last 24 hours, and some come in a "metal" formula (which I think means that they're more vibrant). 

In my opinion, those that claim to last 24 hours REALLY DO. I left my makeup wipes at home and slept over at my aunt's house and wow... I couldn't wash it off! Haha. They do crease a little bit, but that's because when I used them, I didn't have any primer on -- applying primer I'm sure, would make a huge difference. Not all of them are as pigmented as I wish they were.. I was expecting all of these to be extremely vibrant especially that they're of a cream consistency unlike powders that are unpredictable. Nevertheless, there are more hits than misses for me with this product. I have yet to try them as gel liners. :) That would be pretty interesting. Below are the swatches of the Color Tattoos I have, I hope they're of help to you!

Too Cool


Barely Branded


Tenacious Teal

 Inked in Pink


 Tough As Taupe (My favorite!)


 Edgy Emerald


 Painted Purple


 Pomegranate Punk

 Electric Blue


I'll create some looks using these shadows and I'll post them on my Instagram :) Follow me @itscarlasamson! I post almost daily there :) Thanks for reading

xx
Carla 

3 comments:

  1. Been lemming on these for quite some time now. Thank you for this post! Your swatches were really helpful! I get to see the shades that are pigmented. You can only buy it online here in the Philippines that's why its hard to pick what to purchase. Can't wait for your other reviews!

    http://thebeautygeekph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) I'm glad you found it helpful! Will try to keep up with my posts this 2013 :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome work once again! I am looking forward for your next post Sun Tattoos. Thanks

    ReplyDelete