Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Best Prom Ever ♡

In contrary to my title, I didn't experience the best prom ever.. It wasn't even close! Haha :P But that will not dampen my spirits in advising you girls on how to experience your best prom ever by picking the perfect dress . :) Here are my top picks for 2012 prom dresses :) I'm not the traditional long gown girl, so what I have here are more of cocktail dresses :)


Asymmetric dresses for me are the right amount of demure and sexy. Assuming that you are all around 15-16 and still quite conservative, this is a dress that most of you will be able to pull off and hopefully your dad will allow you to go out in with your prom dates ;) Haha.


Power shoulders + peplum skirts can instantly vamp an outfit by the rough edges matched with the curves of your body. If you're a bit more daring (and shapely) this is something you could look into :)


Hi-lo skirts are very in this season, it take styling your ordinary ankle length skirt to a whole new level by shortening the front and leaving it long at the back. Not to mention, the silhouette of this skirt is very slimming as well! I love dress not only cause of the skirt part but also because of the bust part which is bedazzled with different colored gems which brings this all black cloth to life :)


The boning of this dress is perfect and the v-cut neckline in front helps emphasize the bust area. If you're into taking risks, try out this style and I'm sure you'll wow everyone. :) The number one thing you need if you plan on wearing a dress like this is CONFIDENCE. :)



Black dresses with gold detailing are so striking! Wherever the gold is, that is the part of your body which becomes most emphasized. Like putting on the bust area will emphasize your bust, and putting on your waist will emphasize that area. The gold detailing could be on your dress or worn as accessories :)


For those girls who are really conservative and are into the whole "sweet and dainty" style, this dress would look perfect for you :) A little bit of skin but print-wise and cut-wise it's still very young and fresh :)



If I could attend my high school prom again I would definitely wear this dress. The striking pink color with the romantic black lace is just so feminine and sexy, you'll surely turn heads. This dress is just DIVINE.

That's all for tonight!! Hope you liked it! If you liked any of these dresses, I can have them custom made for you! :) Feel free to tweet me @HelloCarliexx :)









No comments:

Post a Comment