Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Homecoming ♡

Allu! :) I just recently came back from my Christmas vacation, and I'm already missing it :( Haha! Every year, my mom and I fly to LA to spend the holidays with my aunts and cousins since we don't have much family left here in Manila, and it gets lonely when it's just my mom and I celebrating. :) And every year, I make it a point to maximize my shopping potential while I'm there! This is a haul post, not everything was bought at the same time cos if not that woulda been some cray cray spendin! Haha. :p Okay.. Here it goes! 


Denim Jeggings from H&M.
These are REALLY comfy and allow me to move around a lot on days when I've got lots of errands to do. I can move briskly without having to be conscious of my movement which a skirt or shorts would typically make you feel.


Denim Polo from H&M. I unfortunately lost my denim polo (identical to this one) last year in LA :( And when I tried to look for it this year, none of us could find it.. Wonder where it is!! Haha, anyway! I don't really need to explain how versatile and chic a denim polo can be cause I'm sure most of you guys own one already and know its potentials :)


Striped Turquoise and Black Bodycon Skirt from Charlotte Russe.
As most of you have noticed, turquoise is one of my fave colors when it comes to clothing. It's the only vibrant color I wear :) And for girls with big rears, such as myself, HAHAHA, I suggest wearing bodycon skirts! It makes you look REAAAL sexy and emphasizes your behind :)




Pink Leopard Print Shorts from Charlotte Russe.
This will be going on my online shop! :) If you wanna pre order it, you can tweet me @HelloCarliexx :)


Polka Dot Skirt from Cotton On.
The smaller the print, the skinnier you look.. Is that right? Haha. I'm not sure if that's correct, or if it works the other way around! Well, I think it's the smaller print that makes you look skinnier, some kind of optical illusion behind it, I guess :) 



Floral Skirt from Cotton On.
This skirt reminded me so much of the print of a top that my mom and I both have (matching mom&baby wear haha!!) :) I love floral prints that have a vintage feel to it, it feels like the upholstery of an old lady in an old victorian home.. Haha, I'm overthinking the print, aren't I?


Plaid Polo from Cotton On.
This polo is for Joriel, Ciaeli's brother :) He's one of my faaavorite kids in the world, and the reason why I got this isn't totally fashion related, so I'm sorry if I'm off track :p


Striped Navy Blue and White Skirt from Cotton On.
I've said this one too many times... I'M THE ULTIMATE NAUTICAL GIRL. I swear, if you raided my closet, all you'd see are stripes :) This skirt goes well with pretty much any plain colored top you'd throw on. Effortless but still very fashionable :)



Plain White T-Shirt from Cotton On.
I have a white shirt addiction, I have one in every brand, style, texture, and cloth.. I think it's so essential to have a variety of white tops because you can't just have one and expect it to go with all your outfits, right? :p



Printed Cardigan from Cotton On.
One of my pasalubongs for Ciaeli :) I have one in a similar more vibrant kind of green, and she liked it so much so I got her this when I saw it on the rack! :)


Sleeveless Polo from Lacoste.
This is a classic! Ever since I was young, my dad already influenced me to wear Lacoste shirts saying it was classy and simple. I've carried on that notion now that I'm older, and I've been a big fan of Lacoste ever since :)



Hi-Lo Knit Skirt from Xhilaration.
I really wanna try out this uneven length thing! It's sexy and demure at the same time... Very me! HAHA joke :|


Printed Top from Ross.
Sadly, and I really am pouting while typing this, Target doesn't have the Missoni for Target anymore which really did break my heart.. :( So I settled for this top instead, which has a similar Missoni print feel. *le sigh* :(




Kimono Top from Xhilaration.
I have been on the hunt for the perfect kimono top for months now!! I fell in love with this the moment I saw it, and it was pretty affordable too! It came in a variety of prints, but I think this suits me more :)


Peach Top from Charlotte Russe.
This was such a good bargain! I won't tell you guys how much though just in case I decide to sell it on my online shop. Heehee :) I love the pop of color on this top!! I thought it wouldn't suit my skin color, but it actually made me have this glowing tan! But I still the color would better fit a fair skinned girl :)



Color Blocked Top from Goodwill.
Thrifting in LA? Much better than here in MNL!! Got this lovely top for only $4! Saw a girl eyeing it, and we both "brisk walked" towards this top and guess who won ;)



Aztec Sequined Top from Charlotte Russe.
Giving in to the fad! I absolutely love sweaters and sequins and it was so interesting how those two integrated with an aztec print worked so well! :)


High Waisted Maroon Shorts from Lacoste.
All I can say is... PURE PERFECTION. I bought another piece of this in a smaller size and it's going on my online shop!! As said previously, if you wanna pre order it, tweet me @HelloCarliexx !! :)



Plain Black Jumpsuit (gift) :)


Turquoise button down skirt from Xhilaration.
I love the flow of the skirt! Not popping out, which will make you look fat, and not too body hugging, which will show all your budges. Just right :)


Loose Black Cardigan with Lace Detail from Ross. 



Aztec Print Poncho from Ross.


Black and Gold Lace Dress from Ross.


Brown, Black, and Grey Flats from H&M.
Must haves for every college student!! :)



Zebra Print Dress from Cotton On.


Cheetah Print Jumpsuit from Cotton On.
Will be for sale on my online store. Or you can tweet me @HelloCarliexx for pre orders :)



Zebra Print Top from Cotton On.





Lace Top with Black Piping from Forever 21.
MY BEST BUY. :)

Hope you guys liked this entry! This is just part 1! Hope you all stay tuned for part 2 :) Tweet me @HelloCarliexx for more info and whatnot! :)














2 comments: