Friday, February 15, 2013

Prabal Gurung x Target

One of my fave things about US retail brands is that they team up with high end fashion designers to release a more budget friendly line. Most of their department stores do this like my favorites Walmart, Target, and H&M. I make it a point to buy from these retail brands when they're having collaborations, so I can say I'm wearing Jason Wu, Versace, or Max Azria :P Lol. 

I wasn't aware of the latest collaboration Target had, since I didn't see anyone in the blogosphere talking about it.. but I am so pleased that I found out about it on my own hihi :) The latest collab is with Prabal Gurung, and though I'm not very familiar with his works since he is a newbie on the fashion scene (his first runway was in 2009 at Bryant Park), I've heard that he's very accomplished :) Some of the famous women that have worn his works are Michelle Obama, Zoe Saldana and Lady Gaga.


Michelle Obama in Prabal Gurung


Lady Gaga in Prabal Gurung (I especially love the runway version! Obsessed with those lacey gloves aahhh)


Zoe Saldana in Prabal Gurung WITH Prabal Gurung (isn't he a cutie? He's actually Nepalese for those of you wondering!)


Zoe Saldana in Prabal Gurung WITH Prabal Gurung again! I find it adorable when these Hollywood stars actually have relationships with their designers :) I think she's his muse!

Below are my top picks from the Prabal Gurung for Target collab! These are all under $50 :)



Fave piece from the whole line! <3 Crisp white with a pop of blinding neon = PERFECT <3


Obsessed with these sandals! Perfect for all occasions!







Love this mirror print sweater! Looks so fresh and tropical!


Is this the cutest blazer ever or what? His designs are so clean but colorful!


The metal cuffs are a perfect touch. Trendy and feminine but with an industrial feel!

I wish I were in LA right now so I could buy everything in this collection :( I hope I can still find these pieces on e-bay! Huhu. If any of you know how I can purchase these from Manila (like an online store selling these) please let me know!! :) Hope you liked this quick post!

Follow me on Instagram: @itscarlasamson
Twitter: @itscarlasamson


No comments:

Post a Comment