Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Review: Ever Bilena Advance BB Cream - Anti Wrinkle

Hi guys! :) Welcome to my blog, for all the new comers! This post is my first ever review on a local product! Really excited to be doing this because I feel lately, I've been more adventurous with my makeup purchases. I usually stick to western brands, like my trusty Revlon, Covergirl, Maybelline and Lóreal drugstore products because those have been tried and tested by a lot of people compared to our locally developed products. 

In essence, all drugstore cosmetics (and even some high end ones) have the same ingredients. There are just a few tweaks here and there. I've always been scared of the brand Ever Bilena, I admit I use to think they sold "cheap" products, because they were priced cheap too. One day though, I really wanted to buy something from Watsons and I didn't have much money so I thought, why not drop by Ever Bilena and see what they have (I was also influenced by Ana Victorino, since I watch a lot of her tutorials and she uses EB) :) I started out with their matte lipstick, I picked it in the shade Mauvey -- and I knew.... I found my HG drugstore lipstick. Haha! I even tried to look for a high end dupe for it cause I was a bit shy that people would judge me that I was using Ever Bilena. Don't worry, I got over that fear and I use my Ever Bilena lipstick with pride. Haha! 

On to this review, I had been receiving a lot of questions on my ask.fm account (/JustAskCarla) about BB Creams. I've never used one, and I really don't believe all the hype surrounding it. I have extremely problematic skin, and I like going the whole 9 yards when prepping my face for the day. So when I heard that BB creams were meant to be a moisturizer, primer, foundation, and sunblock all in one -- I was skeptical. I quickly dismissed it. Haha. But I thought it was time to try it out, cause I was being curious myself. I decided that I would believe it was all people said it was until proven otherwise! I chose a fairly affordable BB cream so that if I don't like it, I won't feel bad. Alas, my Ever Bilena Advance Anti Wrinkle BB Cream purchase! 

There are 2 variations of the BB Cream  -- they both come in one shade each. I picked out the anti wrinkle one because it fit my NC25 skin pretty well, compared to the whitening one which was WAY TOO YELLOW FOR MY LIFE.

Let's get to the product review!


It comes in a white and pink squeeze tube which I like a lot! The packaging really won me over, since it would be easy to pump out the product. However, before using it, make sure that you shake it since the product's watery. It has 50ml worth of product, if I'm not mistaken.


Here's a swatch of it once you squeeze it out of the tube. The anti wrinkle has kind of a cool-ish slightly pink undertone.


It's fairly easy to blend since the product's a little runny. You can dot it all over your face and work on it that way. It doesn't dry too quickly.



This is how it looks once blended out. It has sheer-medium coverage, definitely buildable. The finish is natural, it comes off as matte in the beginning and after a few minutes looks more natural. Be sure to set it with loose powder for longer staying power.

Pros:
- Affordable at only P 195
- Easily available since most drugstores in Metro Manila carry the Ever Bilena line
- Packaging, the squeeze tube is easy for application
- The shade matches well for cooler skintones NC20-NC27
-Doesn't feel heavy on the face
- Has a natural finish (not too dewy but gives a natural glow)
- Doesn't melt when set with powder
-Offers good coverage (can cover slight redness and skin discoloration)

Cons:
- THE SMELL... ahh goodness it smells like a lola. No kidding. That's why I can't wear the product on my face enough to give you a whole day review.. My skin starts to itch when I can smell something on my face, and the smell in this product is way TOO strong
- Design of the package

Would I repurchase: Depends. If they reformulate this product and take out the scent, I WILL DEFINITELY REPURCHASE. If not, then it's a big NO. I'll skip. The scent was really a deal breaker :( However, if you think you can take a pungent smell on your face, this is a really good product. :)

3 comments:

  1. I would love to try this BB cream. Thanks for posting!

    I followed you by the way via GFC. Hope you can check out mine and follow back. ^_^

    DAINTY CHIC by Loila L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) thanks for following me! x

      Delete
  2. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. http://hairstylesg.com

    ReplyDelete