Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fashion Inspiration

In light of Tricia Gosingtian's boo-boo during the NY Fashion Week, wherein she dissed Filipino fashion by saying that it isn't "fashion forward" -- whatever she means by that.. I'd like to make an entry dedicated to the designers who have shaped Philippine Fashion so much and also a few fashionistas that I'm proud to call my fellow Filipinos. And also, Tricia, I hope you read this. I never liked you anyway. So you can suck my non-existent DAMN STRAIGHT FASHIONABLE dick.

Ivarluski Aseron (My personal favorite!) His designs remind me a bit of Herve Leger because of it's avant garde feel ♥







Next is Joey Samson! And no... We are not related. Haha! I love how he pays attention to detail in one piece, then so simple in the next. 



(Snaps for Joey Samson!! Look at the detail on this baby ♥)


( Look at this tres chic Barbie collection of Joey Samson! Isn't it adorable? ♥)

Aries Lagat. I think I remember him from Project Runway Philippines? Prints+Really Clean Silhouette= Perfection :) I admire him so much for integrating both!




Inno Sotto, one of the most established fashion designers who have weathered the tides of the fashion industry. It's quite amazing how his designs evolve even through different eras. He sure knows how to cater to all audiences.





Well, those were just a few of my favorite fashion designers.. I'll be posting my favorite fashionistas tomorrow (which will definitely not include arrogant, pompous, self indulgent, skinny people) Haha. Kidding aside, I really do believe that you can find so much inspiration from the culture we have in this country. It's your own say whether you choose to succumb to it  or not, but in the end, it doesn't make you a bigger person if you don't subscribe to your country's idea of fashion. I, myself, incorporate a lot of Philippine culture in my clothing. It could be a pattern from the Cordilleras, or the scrunched up sleeve that most people think originated from Zara but actually looks like a modernized Maria Clara, or to the mere wearing of clogs which are also somewhat like our very own bakya. Look around, there's so much more you can learn to love about the Philippines rather than pinning it down as a country with stagnant fashion growth.

Hope you enjoyed,
Carla ♥

















2 comments:

  1. OMG. I didn't know she said that. :| Where can I read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8W7J4EaUFI&feature=player_embedded There's the video, shannel! Haha :P

    ReplyDelete